Bacchus Marsh Grammar is committed to the protection of all children from all forms of child abuse.
We demonstrate this through our comprehensive Child Safe Program which is designed to keep children safe and is endorsed by the School Board.
We are clear about our behavioural expectations of every person in our community.
At Bacchus Marsh Grammar, we have zero tolerance for child abuse and are committed to acting in a child’s best interest and keeping them safe from harm. We regard our child protection responsibilities with the utmost importance.
We provide the necessary resources to ensure compliance with all relevant child protection laws and regulations and maintain a child-safe culture that:
- has zero tolerance for child abuse
- actively works to listen to and empower children
- has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and respond to them consistently in line with the School’s policies and procedures
- is committed to promoting physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- is committed to providing a safe environment for all children.
The Children, Youth and Families Act 2005 (Vic) (CYFA) requires that mandatory reporters must make a report to the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Child Protection when they believe that a child (aged under 17) is in need of protection from significant harm from physical injury or sexual abuse.