Developing and enriching the career aspirations of our students is a teamed approach at Bacchus Marsh Grammar.
Our Careers Team works closely with all teachers to ensure that quality careers education is integrated into the Pastoral Care and Targeted Tuition programs as well as in subject curriculum. The team is dedicated to preparing students for successful career outcomes during and beyond their time at the school.
Our individualised Careers Program empowers senior students to use previously learned skills to continue to make well-informed subject choices and career development decisions. Students are equipped with the knowledge and ability to identify life changes associated with their career. They are encouraged to be resourceful and comfortable in manoeuvring through the required actions for future career satisfaction.
To further support students, the services offered by our Careers Team include:
- one-on-one careers counselling including future career action planning
- Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC) counselling
- unique and competitive career development programs in conjunction with leading tertiary providers and industry bodies
- scholarship advice and application assistance
- Early Entry Tertiary Program application and assistance
- advice on interstate and oversea tertiary courses and application assistance
- lunch time guest speaker series
- a well-resourced Career Resource Centre with current careers information and tertiary handbooks
- an annual Bacchus Marsh Grammar Careers Expo at the school for all Year 9 to Year 12 students and involving more than 30 organisations including tertiary institutions and professional associations
- vocational assessment testing and career development tools
- interview skills training for students seeking part-time work or are applying for a tertiary course which has an interview component
- work experience management and support for interested students in years 10 to 12
- emailing regular careers newsletters
- ongoing careers support for alumni students.
Our Careers staff have a strong association with the Ballarat Career Education Network and professional accreditation with the Careers Development Association of Australia and Careers Education Association of Victoria. They enjoy close professional relationships with major universities throughout Australia including Deakin University, Federation University, Australian Catholic University and others.
- Australian Apprenticeships Pathways
- Job Outlook
- Morrisby Profile (Career Analysts)
- My Future
- Tax File Numbers
- Victorian Skills Gateway (TAFE)
- WIRL (School Code required – see TG Teacher)
- Youth Central
- Year 12 ‘School Leaver’ Manual
UCAT – University Clinical Aptitude Test