Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) – Provided by YMCA Ballarat
The OSHC team are set for another year of program packed fun at both Maddingley and Woodlea campuses.
Both programs support each students’ needs and interests and through the information provided from families on enrolment we are able to begin planning from each child’s first day of attendance. ‘My Time, Our Place’ Framework for School Age Care in Australia is the curriculum we implement, targeting five developmental outcomes; identity, community, well-being, learning and communication.
Our programs utilise indoor and outdoor spaces, along with a combination of flexible and structured components. Children are encouraged to make choices and decisions, approach new experiences with confidence while collaborating with peers and educators.
Before School Care Hours (Woodlea campus only): 6.30am – 8.30am
After School Care Hours: 3.05pm – 6.30pm
Vacation Care Hours (Woodlea campus only): 7.00am – 6.30pm
The latest information for the Vacation Care Winter Program is listed below.
Pupil free days (offered at Maddingley campus only) Running of the program is dependent on the number of bookings- families are encouraged to book early.
Please use the below link to enrol: http://ballarat.ymca.org.au/what-we-do/childservices/OSHC/Pages/BMG-Enrolments-Bookings.aspx
Maddingley contact information:
0438 154 842
Woodlea contact information:
0490 490 362
QK Enrol – Online booking and wait list management program
Ballarat YMCA are very excited to inform Bacchus Marsh Grammar families that our OSHC services has subscribed to a fantastic online Booking and Waitlist management program called QK Enrol.
This program will give you access to manage your own account information, where you will have the ability to make bookings requests and allow you to complete and submit an online enrolment form for your child. You can do this and much more all within a parent portal called ’My Family Lounge’. You will also have the flexibility of booking in casual days and report absences for your child straight from your phone with just a few taps by downloading the My Family Lounge APP.
For all NEW families wanting to enrol into our programs at either campus please go to our portal “My Family Lounge” to register your family http://www.childrensservices.ymca.org.au/enrol/my-family-lounge-sign-in.html\
For all exiting families who are currently utilising our OSHC services you have been emailed a letter introducing the new system and advising of the next steps. Which was to receive a welcome email from the My Family Lounge with instructions on how to register for family lounge app and a follow up link to the letter should have been received where you will be prompted to complete your registration and set up a password. You will have 7 days to set up your password to validate your account. If your account expires, simply enter in your email address and select ’forgotten password’ to recover your account.
If you are experiencing issues accessing your account, please contact the service for assistance. Once you have validated your account, you are ready to book! The ‘My Family Lounge’ App can be downloaded from Google Play or your App Store. Enter your email address and password, then you can start to request casual days or mark your child as absent when required.
For further assistance or information please contact, Chrissie Ashmore on 0490 178 638 or Chrissie.Ashmore@ymca.org.au
Vacation Care Program
Operating Hours: Monday to Friday 7.00am to 6.30pm.
Dates: Monday 19th of June to Monday 13th of July 2020.
The Vacation Care program WILL BE operating during the school holidays and we would love to see you all to share in lots of fun leisure activities. Operating from Woodlea Campus additional measures are in place for COVID-19 precautions. These changes have little impact to our program other than adding a higher level of protection to all children and educators in attendance.
Precautions are listed below:
- All educators and children have their temperature checked prior to entering the program. Anyone detected with a temperature or presenting as unwell will be refused entry.
- All equipment & resources are sanitised after each use.
- Hand washing – we wash our hands constantly using soap and water.
- Tables, chairs and frequently touched surfaces are cleaned often. A COVID-19 cleaning schedule has been developed and implemented.
- Hand sanitisation station – hand sanitiser is readily available and continually encouraged throughout the session.
- No visitors permitted on school grounds.
- Access to entering the school grounds is limited to educators and children only. Gates will remain locked throughout sessions.
In partnership with the Bacchus Marsh Grammar school community, no visitors are permitted onsite, so drop off and collection of your child will be slightly different to past programs.
The NEW procedure for Drop off & Collection of children:
Arriving to the Vacation Care Program from 7.00am:
- All parents must use the Frontier Avenue entrance when dropping children off at the program.
- Upon arrival, parents are required to call the OSHC educators to let them know you have arrived to drop off your child. YMCA educators will collect your child from reception entrance and escort them to the program.
Collection of Children from the Vacation Care Program:
- Parents are required to use the Frontier Avenue entrance and wait at the gate to collect children.
- Upon arrival, parents are required to call the OSHC educators to let them know you have arrived to collect your child.
YMCA educators will supervise your child to meet you at the gate. Please call one off the following mobile numbers when alerting YMCA OSHC educators of your arrival. Both service mobiles will be available to call during Vacation Care.
Maddingley OSHC – 0438 154 842 Woodlea OSHC – 0490 490 362
Eftpos will no longer be available at the Ballarat Office or in the services. We thank the many families who took the time to respond to vacation care surveys and communicated their preference for direct debit.