Conveyance Allowance

The Conveyance Allowance is payable to approved families of Bacchus Marsh Grammar students who reside more than 4.8kms from either the Maddingley or Woodlea campuses and who are deemed eligible according to the conditions – see eligibility details below.


An application on behalf of a student may be submitted if the student is:

  • a Victorian resident.
  • school aged and enrolled (3) three or more days per week at a school; and
  • attending a school/campus located outside the Melbourne metropolitan conveyance boundary

A student who meets the above requirements may be eligible if they:

  • attend their nearest or designated neighbourhood government school/campus appropriate to their year level, at which admission is permissible, or
  • attend their nearest appropriate non-government school/campus appropriate to their year level, at which admission is permissible, and
  • reside 4.8km or more by the shortest practicable route from the campus attended.

Eligibility for students attending a non-government school

The eligibility criteria include the requirement that a student attending a non-government school is attending the nearest appropriate school (that is 4.8km or more from the student’s residence).

However, a student attending a non-government school that is not the student’s nearest school may apply to the CAU for a determination that the nearest religious non-government school, which has compulsory religious instruction, is not considered ‘appropriate’ for that student where that student does not belong to or associate with the school’s particular religion or engage in religious activities associated with that school’s religious doctrines. If this applies to you, please complete a signed supporting letter with your application.

Note: Eligibility is assessed when the school completes your child’s application on the Student Conveyance Allowance System (SCAS). If approved, the allowance payable is based on the one-way distance to make the journey to and from school. No private car allowance is payable if the journey to and from school could be made using a public transport service or contract school bus.

Conveyance Allowance application forms are available to download – see links below.

Alternatively, you can collect these from the Administration Office at either campus or download them from Schoolbox.

Current families who claim the Conveyance Allowance are no longer required to complete a new application form each year providing there are no changes to the information on the form e.g. an address change. Applications with no changes will automatically be rolled over to the next year. If you are a new family wanting to claim the Conveyance Allowance, please complete the appropriate application form and submit it to the Administration Office at either campus or email it to

Further details can be found in the School’s Business Notice.

Payment of the Conveyance Allowance may occur in two ways:

  1. Listing your nominated bank account on the application form for funds to be deposited into. If at any time your bank account details change, please contact the School.
  2. Parents/Guardians may authorise the school to withhold the Conveyance Allowance as a contribution towards transport services to and from school as included in school fees. Please refer to the application form. 
Skip to content