We offer a calm and structured education where all members of our community are respected and valued.
Bacchus Marsh Grammar is an independent, co-educational non-denominational, Prep Reception to Year 12 School with three vibrant campuses in Melbourne’s west. The school has a proud history in high-quality education, celebrating student achievement, endeavour, wellbeing and community spirit.
The school is well known for its impressive academic results and its high standing in the broader education community. Bacchus Marsh Grammar stridently seeks to develop in every child a culture of achievement, endeavour and service, where they learn to flourish in their studies, work, lives and family.
As one of the fastest growing schools in the country, Bacchus Marsh Grammar is proud of its innovative and expansive curriculum, excellence in teaching, and its supportive and inclusive community. The school prides itself as being an employer of choice and in the professionalism, diligence and quality of its staff.
Bacchus Marsh Grammar is committed to a Child Safe school environment, and we have extensive recruitment and screening processes in place.
Deputy Head of Junior School (Maddingley)
The primary responsibility of the Deputy Head of Junior School is to lead staff and students within Prep to Year 4 across the Maddingley Campus. This position also plays a significant role in the development of the student journey at Bacchus Marsh Grammar and fostering a culture of continuous improvement in teaching and learning. In addition, the position is responsible for supporting the Head of Junior School in the overall management of the Junior School and compliance requirements across all areas.
- Lead and manage the day-to-day operations of the Junior School. This includes planning, delivery, evaluation and improvement of the education of all students in the Junior School;
- Lead, manage and support all staff in the Junior School, ensuring they are highly professional, motivated, collaborative and work effectively in teams;
- Guide best practice in teaching, learning and pastoral care in the Junior School;
- Lead Professional Learning Teams to increase the knowledge base of teachers about student learning and quality teacher practice;
- Lead the purposeful use of data to inform teaching and learning, assess teaching practice and monitor student achievement;
- Ensure the delivery of a comprehensive, high quality education program to all students. Ongoing review of current teaching and learning and research to achieve improved student learning outcomes;
- Provide a child safe environment in accordance with the Child Safe Standards;
- Coordinate the work of Year Level Coordinators, teaching staff and other staff;
- Participate in specific projects as requested by the Principal;
- Appropriately involve staff, students and the community in the development, implementation and review of school policies, programs and operations; and
- Be a member of the Maddingley Leadership Team and make a strong contribution to discussion about future directions and strategy.
This position is a full time, ongoing employment opportunity. This position will be primarily based at the Maddingley campus.
Key Selection Criteria
The successful applicant will have:
- Teacher qualifications;
- VIT Registration; and
- A tertiary qualification in one of the disciplines within the School or management/ administration qualifications desirable.
Demonstrated Experience and Skills
- Experience in a leadership role in an educational setting;
- Extensive knowledge of curriculum development, assessment and reporting within Prep to Year 4 (Junior School);
- Demonstrated ability to lead the purposeful use of data to inform curriculum development and result in improved student learning outcomes.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to build rapport and interact effectively at all levels of the School;
- Ability to build a cohesive and effective team;
- Ability to initiate and implement ideas to enhance the School;
- Ability to manage pastoral issues through effective dialogue and process with staff, students and parents;
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with an ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and concurrently manage a number of competing tasks;
- Displays strong work-related character traits, including honesty, humility, sensitivity and selflessness; and
- Outstanding ability and experience in classroom teaching.
How to Apply
If this looks like the opportunity you have been looking for, please click HERE to commence the application process.
Addressed to Mrs Lisa Foster, Assistant Principal, Head of Junior School (Maddingley), your application should include a current curriculum vitae listing contact details of two professional referees, together with a one-page cover letter and a separate attachment addressing the Key Selection Criteria. Any further questions regarding this employment opportunity can be directed to Mrs Angelica Hill, Human Resources Manager on (03) 5366 4800.
A copy of the position description for this opportunity can be located HERE.
Applications close 5:00 pm, Thursday 14 October 2021.