We offer a calm and structured education where all members of our community are respected and valued.
Bacchus Marsh Grammar is an independent, co-educational non-denominational, Prep Reception to Year 12 School with three vibrant campuses in Melbourne’s west. The school has a proud history in high-quality education, celebrating student achievement, endeavour, well-being and community spirit.
The school is well known for its impressive academic results and its high standing in the broader education community. Bacchus Marsh Grammar stridently seeks to develop in every child a culture of achievement, endeavour and service, where they learn to flourish in their studies, work, lives and family.
As one of the fastest growing schools in the country, Bacchus Marsh Grammar is proud of its innovative and expansive curriculum, excellence in teaching, and its supportive and inclusive community. The school prides itself as being an employer of choice and in the professionalism, diligence and quality of its staff.
Bacchus Marsh Grammar is committed to a Child Safe school environment, and we have extensive recruitment and screening processes in place.
Kindergarten Teacher – 2022
We are currently seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Kindergarten Teacher to join our team of professional educators in January 2022 on a full-time basis, for the three year-old kindergarten program.
The successful applicant will:
- Provide an educational program and practice, maximising opportunities for children to reach their potential.
- Be required to mentor and inspire your co-educators working collaboratively with your team on planning for the group and individual children.
- Build on the interests and strengths of the children from within your group. This will also include educators working together recording authentic and personalised documentation within individual children’s learning portfolios.
- Plan intentional learning opportunities based on the group’s current learning.
- Understand the importance and place value on learning environments and design spaces which enhance thinking, creativity, curiosity and imagination.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a strong knowledge of the National Quality Framework.
- Have knowledge of the various funding and applications required to support children in their early years.
- Work in partnership with families in their child’s learning and development.
- Possess Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have Exceptional knowledge f early childhood development.
- Exceptional leadership while working as a member of a collaborative service team.
- Outstanding and professional ability to communicate with families.
Why work for Bacchus Marsh Grammar Early Learning Centre?
- You will be supported by a strong network of dedicated colleagues and leadership team who all strive for excellence in their daily practice.
- You will be challenged yet supported to grow as an educator on your teaching journey.
- Our service recently received an Exceeding result from our assessment and we pride ourselves in working within best practice at all times.
- Bacchus Marsh Grammar Enterprise Agreement.
Experience and Skills Profile:
Applicants must be prepared to model and maintain the values and beliefs of Bacchus Marsh Grammar and demonstrate:
- An educational vision and strong sense of purpose consistent with the school’s philosophy.
- A comprehensive understanding of current educational issues.
- Bachelor degree in Early Childhood Teaching.
- Exemplary educational skills.
- Outstanding classroom practice pedagogy.
- Full VIT registered teacher.
- A competent level of IT skills.
How to apply
If this looks like the opportunity you have been looking for, please click here to commence the application process.
Addressed to Kerry Osborn, Director of Early Learning Services, your application should include:
- A one page covering letter which includes your philosophy of teaching and learning, describing your strengths and attributes.
- A Curriculum Vitae which gives details of academic background, teaching experience, other co-curricular interests.
- Names and contact details of three referees.
A copy of the position description for this opportunity can be obtained here.
Applications Close: 5:00 pm, Wednesday 28 July 2021.