We offer a calm and structured education where all members of our community are respected and valued.
Bacchus Marsh Grammar is an Ecumenical school of 2500 students drawn from the outer western areas of Melbourne. We offer a calm and structured education that is centred around a strong pastoral care system and a diverse range of experiences. The school has a strong emphasis on data-informed improvement.
High Performance English Teacher Vacancy
About the School
Bacchus Marsh Grammar is one of the largest schools serving Western Melbourne and surrounding regional areas. As well as its current campuses at Bacchus Marsh (Maddingley) and Staughton Vale, a third campus opened at Woodlea located in Aintree, January 2019. The new Woodlea campus commenced with stage one full with over 650 students.
In all, the Bacchus Marsh Grammar will educate over 2,500 students from K-12 in 2019. As one of the fastest growing schools in the State, with an enviable record in caring for students and achieving excellent outcomes, this is a wonderful place to start or develop your career.
About the Position
Bacchus Marsh Grammar is seeking expressions of interest for an English Teacher with experience in working with emerging talent and gifted writers from Year 9 to Year 12 (Senior School).
This position is a full time contract position for 6 months, with the potential for move into an ongoing position.
Bacchus Marsh Grammar is aiming to extent our already strong English program and focus further on enhancing and developing the skills of students with strong literacy and writing abilities.
Key Selection Criteria
The successful applicant will need to display the following:
- Appropriate teaching qualifications.
- VIT registration.
- Appropriate first aid qualifications (HLTAID003 or equivalent) are desirable.
- Ability to work with students who write at a high standard and be able to assist them to continue to develop and extend their written skills.
- Possess a clear understanding of how to work and motivate highly capable students.
- Demonstrated experience as an English classroom Teacher Years 9 through to Year 12.
- Demonstrated knowledge of VCE English requirements and expectations for students to gain high study scores. Ideally the application would have taught Year 12 English at some point within their career.
- Display strong pedagogically understanding of writing required in Senior School English and implement strategies to allow student development in this area.
- Ability to work as part of team to develop Senior School writing programs to enhance the abilities of all students, in particular those students who are highly capable in English.
- A collaborative approach to working with other staff in the English department and those involved in Senior School.
How to Apply
Applications must be addressed to Angelica Hill, Human Resources Manager and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include a current resume and cover letter.
Applications Close Sunday 14 July 2019.
Bacchus Marsh Grammar is committed to a Child Safe school environment and we have extensive recruitment and screening processes in place.
Casual Relief Teachers
Due to the continual growth of our School, we are seeking applications for casual relief teaching.
For those interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
The Daily Organiser
Bacchus Marsh Grammar Inc.
PO Box 214
BACCHUS MARSH VIC 3340
Telephone: (03) 5366 4800