The Travel Conveyance Allowance is payable to approved families of Bacchus Marsh Grammar students who reside more than 4.8kms from either the Maddingley or Woodlea campuses and who deem eligible according to the conditions – see eligibility details below.
Travel Conveyance Allowance application forms are available to download – see tabs below.
Alternatively, you can collect these from the Administration Office at either campus or download them from Schoolbox.
- For current families who claim the Travel Conveyance Allowance, there is no longer a need to complete a brand-new application each year. Your existing application will be rolled over.
- If you are a new family wanting to take advantage and claim the Travel Conveyance Allowance, an application form inclusive of your mandatory signed supporting letter must be received no later than Friday 3 February 2023.
Further details can be found in the School’s Business Notice.
Please ensure you complete all relevant sections of the form including the nominated bank account for any approved funds to be deposited into.
Parents/Guardians may authorise the school to use their approved travel conveyance allowance toward procured transport services by providing written consent. Please contact 03 53664800 to discuss with the relevant member of staff.
Please ensure you complete the Parent/Guardian consent for the school to withhold travel conveyance allowance section (page 3) on your application
If any information provided on your form changes during the year e.g. an address change or mode of transport, you are required to submit a brand-new updated application form.FORM 1 Private Car Travel FORM 2 Private Bus Travel FORM 3 Public Transport Travel
An application on behalf of a student may be submitted if the student is:
- a Victorian resident.
- school aged and enrolled (3) three or more days per week at a school; and
- attending a school/campus located outside the Melbourne metropolitan conveyance boundary
A student who meets the above requirements may be eligible if they:
- attend their nearest or designated neighbourhood government school/campus appropriate to their year level, at which admission is permissible, or
- attend their nearest appropriate non-government school/campus appropriate to their year level, at which admission is permissible, and
- reside 4.8km or more by the shortest practicable route from the campus attended
Note: Eligibility is assessed when the school completes your child’s application on the Student Conveyance Allowance System (SCAS). If approved, the allowance payable is based on the one-way distance to make the journey to and from school. No private car allowance is payable if the journey to and from school could be made using a public transport service or contract school bus. For further information regarding the Conveyance Allowance Program see: https://www2.education.vic.gov.au/pal/conveyance-allowance/policy?Redirect=1