We offer a calm and structured education where all members of our community are respected and valued.
Bacchus Marsh Grammar is an independent, co-educational non-denominational, Prep Reception to Year 12 School with three vibrant campuses in Melbourne’s west. The school has a proud history in high-quality education, celebrating student achievement, endeavour, well-being and community spirit.
The school is well known for its impressive academic results and its high standing in the broader education community. Bacchus Marsh Grammar stridently seeks to develop in every child a culture of achievement, endeavour and service, where they learn to flourish in their studies, work, lives and family.
As one of the fastest growing schools in the country, Bacchus Marsh Grammar is proud of its innovative and expansive curriculum, excellence in teaching, and its supportive and inclusive community. The school prides itself as being an employer of choice and in the professionalism, diligence and quality of its staff.
Bacchus Marsh Grammar is committed to a Child Safe school environment, and we have extensive recruitment and screening processes in place.
Finance Officer (Accounts Receivable)
This position is primarily responsible for assisting in the administration of the financial functions of the School primarily in the area of Accounts Receivable. This includes:
- Management of payment plans for debtors; direct debits, credit card processing;
- Follow up outstanding debtors with phone calls and messages where not adhered to;
- Preparation and dispatch school fee invoices and statements to parents/guardians in accordance with the annual timetable;
- Preparation and dispatch ad hoc invoices to parents/guardians and other debtors for various activities, including overseas trips;
- Receipting on a daily basis;
- Ensuring all communications are documented within the Debtor Maintenance function;
- Maintaining the school fee concessions;
- Process all adjustments as necessary for various charges e.g. music, excursions, allowances, camps, equipment repairs etc;
- Acting as the point of contact for any fee or account queries from parents and resolve these in a timely manner;
- Managing the debtor records for students joining and leaving the School, ensuring all processes associated with their entry/exit are completed promptly;
- Producing follow up letters to outstanding debtors; and
- Creating and maintaining events published on the Portal.
This position is a part time (0.8 FTE, 30 hours per week) ongoing opportunity, based at the Maddingley Campus.
Key Selection Criteria
The successful applicant will have:
- Working with Children Check (employment card);
- First Aide Certificate (desirable);
- Current drivers’ licence; and
- Relevant qualification within Finance is desirable.
Demonstrated Experience and Skills
- Previous accounts receivable experience (2 years minimum);
- Experience working in an educational environment will be an advantage;
- Experience in using the Synergetic accounting system will be an advantage;
- Outstanding communication skills demonstrated by a rapport with all levels of the organisation;
- Strong organisational and time management skills with an ability to manage and prioritise a number of concurrent tasks whilst meeting prescribed deadlines;
- A high degree of attention to detail;
- A solution-orientated person, with an ability and a desire to identify and bring about significant improvement and streamlining of processes, systems and record keeping;
- A professional and warm phone manner;
- An ability to format and present information accurately, quickly and logically;
- A positive attitude and a proactive and calm approach with a solution focus; and
- Demonstrates high-level computer skill and literacy, with a comprehensive knowledge of computer packages including Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and specific school packages.
How to Apply
If this looks like the opportunity for you, please click on the link here to commence the application process. Please submit your application addressed to Mrs Angelica Hill, HR Manager. Your application should include a current curriculum vitae listing contact details of two professional referees, together with a one page cover letter and separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria.
A copy of the position description can be obtained here.
Applications close COB Tuesday 25 February 2020.
Casual Relief Teachers
Due to the continual growth of our School, we are seeking applications for casual relief teaching.
For those interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to:
The Daily Organiser
Bacchus Marsh Grammar Inc.
PO Box 214
BACCHUS MARSH VIC 3340
Telephone: (03) 5366 4800
Bacchus Marsh Grammar will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.