We offer a calm and structured education where all members of our community are respected and valued.
Bacchus Marsh Grammar is an independent, co-educational non-denominational, Prep Reception to Year 12 School with three vibrant campuses in Melbourne’s west. The school has a proud history in high-quality education, celebrating student achievement, endeavour, wellbeing and community spirit.
The school is well known for its impressive academic results and its high standing in the broader education community. Bacchus Marsh Grammar stridently seeks to develop in every child a culture of achievement, endeavour and service, where they learn to flourish in their studies, work, lives and family.
As one of the fastest growing schools in the country, Bacchus Marsh Grammar is proud of its innovative and expansive curriculum, excellence in teaching, and its supportive and inclusive community. The school prides itself as being an employer of choice and in the professionalism, diligence and quality of its staff.
Bacchus Marsh Grammar is committed to a Child Safe school environment, and we have extensive recruitment and screening processes in place.
Early Childhood Educator – Diploma Positions
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, passionate and experienced Early Childhood Educator: Diploma Qualified, 6 month, Fixed term position commencing June 2022.
Applicants will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience with 3 – 5-year-old children and have experience working as a Room Leader.
Key attributes of the successful applicant will:
- Support our Kindergarten teachers to provide an educational program and practice which provides opportunities for children to maximize their potential and develop the skills to take with them on their future learning journey.
- Take both individual and group observations to build on the interests and strengths of the children from within your group. This will also include working alongside the Kindergarten teachers to record authentic and personalised documentation within individual children’s learning portfolios.
- Understand the importance and place value on beautiful learning environments and design spaces which enhance thinking, creativity, curiosity and imagination.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as knowledge of the National Quality Framework.
- Have the ability to maintain a safe and healthy environment for children at all times.
- Create positive relationships with team members, children and their families.
- Ability to demonstrate and approach tasks in a professional and proactive manner, using initiative and flexibility.
Your supportive nature will allow you to work in partnership with our families to continue the current level of positive relationships with the Bacchus Marsh Grammar Early Learning Centre community.
Why work for Bacchus Marsh Grammar Early Learning Centre?
- You will be supported by a strong network of dedicated colleagues and leadership team who all strive for excellence in their daily practice.
- You will be challenged, yet supported to grow as an educator on your teaching journey.
- Our service recently received an exceeding result from our Assessment and Rating. We pride ourselves in working within best practice at all times.
Experience and Skills Profile:
Applicants must be prepared to model and maintain the values and beliefs of Bacchus Marsh Grammar and demonstrate:
- An educational vision and strong sense of purpose consistent with the school’s philosophy.
- A comprehensive understanding of current educational practice.
- Relevant qualifications.
- A competent level of IT skills.
Successful candidates will hold:
- Previous experience (minimum of 3 years) within the Early Childhood setting.
- Diploma of Children Services.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- Working with Children Check (employment).
- National Criminal History Check.
- Evidence of COVID-19 Vaccination (including booster).
- Candidates with experience within Independent Early Learning Centres desirable.
- The ability to work Monday to Friday between 7:00 am and 6:00 pm.
Applicants are asked to provide:
- A one page covering letter which describes your strengths and attributes as an educator.
- A Curriculum Vitae which gives details of academic background, experience, other co-curricular interests and include the names and telephone numbers of three referees.
How to Apply
If this looks like an opportunity for you, please submit your application HERE. Applications must be addressed to Kerry Osborn – Director of Early Learning Services.
Applications Close: Friday 27th May 2022.
Bacchus Marsh Grammar will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.