Year 12 Development Day – Thursday 28 January [students can wear sport uniform and all school buses will be operating]
Year 7 Orientation Day – Thursday 28 January [students can wear sport uniform and all school buses will be operating]
Years 1 to 12 Classes Commence – Friday 29 January [summer or full school uniform to be worn]
Prep Reception and Prep Commence – Monday 1 February [summer or full school uniform to be worn]
The school day commences at 8:45am for both Maddingley and Woodlea Campus.
- Dismissal time for Woodlea Prep to Year 8: 3:05pm
- Dismissal time for Maddingley Prep to Year 4: 3:10pm
- Dismissal time for Maddingley Years 5 to 12: 3:15pm
Please note – Prep and Prep Reception: During the first week, the school times for Prep and Prep Reception students will be slightly different:
- Monday 1 February 10am – 2:00pm
- Tuesday 2 February 10am – 2:00pm
- Wednesday 3 February 8:45am – 3:05pm
- Thursday 4 February 8:45am – 3:05pm
- Friday 5 February 8:45am – 3:05pm
Students are not required to bring all of their school books on the first day of school, but should as a minimum have their pencil case and some exercise books. Books should be then brought to school over the next week so that school bags are not overloaded.
The move to a new “COVID normal” continues, however, we have not yet reached the point where we can leave all precautions behind. At present school will commence with similar arrangements to the end of last year, specifically:
- Temperatures will continue to be checked by staff on entry to the school each morning and students will be offered hand sanitizer.
- Restrictions to the school sites will remain and the entry and drop off areas for students will be designated.
- As well as a COVID precaution, we have found that the removal of drop off and pick up from around classrooms has led to a much smoother and productive start to the day for students. There will be further communications in relation to arrangements for new students and start of year procedures next week.
- Students will not be required to wear masks at school, however, I would request that they have a mask on them so that they may be used in circumstances where social distancing is not feasible.
- Secondary students travelling on public transport and the Bacchus Marsh Grammar bus network will be required to wear a mask whilst on the bus.
Please find below links to the 2021 Handbooks:
Junior School Handbooks (Prep to Year 4) Maddingley and Woodlea –https://www.bmg.vic.edu.au/learning-teaching/junior-school-prep-to-grade-4/
Middle School Handbooks (Year 5 to Year 8) Maddingley and Woodlea –https://www.bmg.vic.edu.au/learning-teaching/middle-school-years-5-to-8/
Senior School Handbook (Year 9 & 10) https://www.bmg.vic.edu.au/learning-teaching/senior-school-years-9-10/
VCE Handbook https://www.bmg.vic.edu.au/learning-teaching/vce/