The Senior Years
"We want them to have ideas about how they can lead a purposeful and rewarding life"
Our Senior years program is built around several key objectives:
- We aim to produce students who have a confidence in their own abilities and are comfortable with who they are
- We hope by providing a wide range of options and opportunities to develop within students areas of interest and passion and assist them finding “their niche”
- We want to assist them to develop a clear set of goals and ambitions. These not only relate to vocational aspects of life. We want them to also have ideas and ambitions that relate to life in general. In short, we want them to have ideas about how they are going to lead a purposeful and rewarding life.
- We want to ensure that students have the academic and social skills required to pursue their goals and thrive within an increasingly complex world
- We want to give students a love of learning and a thirst to see that continued learning throughout life, is central to them meeting their goals and continuing to give sense and meaning to their lives
There is no one pathway to success in secondary school. For that reason Bacchus Marsh Grammar looks to provide students in their later years at school with a large range of options in terms of academic and co-curricular programs.
With choice, often comes confusion. The school places a heavy emphasis on career development vocational guidance and student support. This process is integral to the structure of the senior school from the earliest days of Year 7. It has become an explicit part of curriculum from Year 9 onwards.