- Bacchus Marsh Grammar collects personal infonnation, including sensitive information about students and Parents/Guardians or guardians, before and during the course of a student's enrolment at the School. The primary purpose of collecting this infonnation is to enable the School to provide schooling for your son/daughter.
- Some of the infonnation we collect is to satisfy the School's legal obligations, particularly to enable the School to discharge its duty of care.
- Certain laws governing or relating to the operation of schools require that certain information is collected. These include Public Health and Child Protection laws.
- Health infonnation about students is sensitive infonnation within the Tenns of the National Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act. We ask you to provide medical reports about students from time to time.
- The School from time to time discloses personal and sensitive infonnation to others for administrative and educational purposes. This includes to other schools, government departments, medical practitioners, and people providing services to the School, including specialist visiting teachers, sports coaches, counsellors and volunteers.
- If we do not obtain the infonnation referred to above we may not be able to enrol or continue the enrolment of your son/daughter.
- Personal infonnation collected from students is regularly disclosed to their Parents/Guardiansor guardians. On occasions information such as academic and sporting achievements, student activities and other news is published in School newsletters, magazines and on our website.
- Parents/Guardians may seek access to personal infonnation collected about them and theirson/daughter by contacting the School. Students may also seek access to personal information about them. However, there will be occasions when access is denied. Such occasions would include where access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others, where access may result in a breach of the School's duty of care to the student, or where students have provided information in confidence.
- As you may know the School from time to time engages in fundraising activities. Information received from you may be used to make an appeal to you. It may also be disclosed to organisations that assist in the School's fundraising activities solely for that purpose. We will not disclose your personal infonnation to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
- We may include your contact details in a class list for the Parents/Guardians and Friends Association, Alumni purposes and School directory, for School use only.
- If you provide the School with the personal infonnation of others, such as doctors oremergency contacts, we encourage you to infonn them that you are disclosing that infonnation to the School and why, that they can access that infonnation if they wish and that the School does not usually disclose the information to third parties.